Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Love Anne Lamott

I'm currently reading Bird by Bird as part of my "continuing education" as  a writer. If you haven't read it, you should. Anne Lamott is brilliant.

I particularly liked this quote, which I read today:

"The problem that comes up over and over again is that these people want to be published. They kind of want to write, but they really want to be published. You'll never get to where you want to be that way, I tell them."

~ Anne Lamott



In other news, I will be releasing another book very soon! It doesn't have a title yet (grrr) but I'm working on that. More news coming soon ...

4 comments:

  1. I love that quote. I'm trying not to think about being published at all, just writing!

    Intriguing news about the book..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Stephen King said the same thing but took like 2 chapters doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaimie: * dies laughing * Quite true ...

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...